Saturday, September 18, 2010

Lord, please forgive me, it has been 7 days since my last entry

I really fell off the blog wagon this week, I apologize, being that I know SO many of you count on my informative, witty and often emotionally charged entries. {{Sarcasm duley noted I hope}} I will try and not let that happen again. This week has been crazy, in a work related way and when I get home at night, all I want to do is fall into a deep slumber...

That said, my fingers have been itching for the opportunity to release some pent up aggression and so I comply to their stubbornness...it is funny though, I am not even sure what I want to say, but the simple act of putting my thoughts down on paper (even virtually) release such a joy in my spirit, that it almost doesn't matter!

My thoughts today though are swirling with controversy brought on by a conversation I recently had...it all comes down to this thought: Is what I do for a living what I am meant to be doing?

Please don't confuse "meant to be doing" with:
  • Happy
  • Satisfied
  • Content
  • Enjoyable
  • Long-term

This isn't just a question I am asking myself, but a question I encourage you to ask yourself. I think that so many of us get caught doing whatever it is that we are doing for a living because...

  • We have a degree in it

  • It pays well

  • We have been there too long to quit

  • We don't want to burn a bridge

  • It is too hard to start over

  • We thought it was what we were "meant" to do

If we were all honest with ourselves I think we would admit that the number one reason we don't pursue our secret dreams is because we are plain scared that it won't work out and we don't believe enough in ourselves...furthermore we may not have the love and support of someone else who believes in us (maybe because you have never shared your REAL dreams with anyone close to you).

If bills were not a factor and you could do whatever you wanted to do with your life, what would you do? If you could get the schooling, get the training, find the right job, take that first step...what would you do in order to be happy every day when you go to work?

I challenge you, along with myself, to think about it...it may not be possible for everyone, because bills and money ARE a factor in life, and not everyone has access to schooling, training and unlimited job selection in order to pursue their dreams, but do you even know?

I think it is important for all of us to know what we want and what we would do if we had the opportunity. For some of us we'll get a chance to create that opportunity for ourselves. It is also important to delegate a person in your life that you can share your dreams with that can support you in your efforts to discover who is it that you are meant to be.

I am on a mission now, in the happiest and most content time in my life, to find out who I am meant to be. Will you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment