Wednesday, September 22, 2010

After I am gone...Let It Be Said

After I am gone from this world let it be said...

That I loved without limits
That I served without thanks
That I listened without talking
That I hugged without knowing
That I prayed without ceasing

After I am gone from this world let it be said...

That I showed compassion to those who were without
That I heard the cries of those who couldn't speak
That I gave of myself when there was nothing in return
That I looked for the lost so that they might be found
That I listened to my heavenly Father in my darkest days

After I am gone from this world let it be said...

That I was a friend to the friendless
That I was a lighthouse to the drifting
That I was hope to the hopeless
That I was joy in midst of the pain
That I shared pain in midst of the sorrow

As I walk into the arms of my Father in heaven let it be said...

That I loved deeply, laughed often and lived life as God intended me to live it. That I loved my neighbor as myself and I loved God with my whole heart, my whole mind, with all my soul and with all my strength.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment