Friday, September 3, 2010

Jesus please have mercy on me

Today is a migraine day. If you don't experience migraines, you don't have a CLUE what that means...you might think you do, but trust me, you don't...

If you DO experience migraines, you know what I mean. I woke about about 5am and thought, "No, not today... I don't have time for this today...I have a 13 hour work-day and I can't afford to be blinded by pain and throwing up at work"

Not the best way to wake up in the morning...The pain at 5am couldn't compete with the pain I felt at 10am...It is now 12:16pm and I am reaching for the trash can... I have 9 hours left in my day and that is enough to bring tears to my eyes.

This is where the battle of wills comes in...My co-workers are telling me to go home and lay down before my event tonight. I am looking at my list of "to-do" before I leave the office to head to my event and thinking...there is no way; this stuff should get done. It is a three day weekend. If I don't do it now it has to wait until TUESDAY...then I remember, my job isn't that big of deal and if I don't lay down now...tonight at 6pm I will be crying at my event.

However, I made a decision a long long time ago when my migraines were a steady part of my life that I wasn't going to let them rule my life. They weren't going to guide my steps and they weren't going to rule my day. I won't let them bring me down. They may force me to SLOW down, but I won't stop.

So as I sit at my computer, in my office, looking forward at the rest of my day with the pain radiating behind my eyes and all through my skull, all I can say is, "Jesus, please have mercy on me today and get me through this day, I want to be able to do my job to the best of my ability, but I can't take this anymore"

No comments:

Post a Comment