Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Peaks & Valleys

It is funny how life goes through so many peaks and valleys...and in such a short period of time. One day I am elated with life, the next I am seemly depressed. Not in a "chemically out of balance" way, but a "life is always throwing curve balls" kind of way.

House hunting is a perfect example. One day I am STOKED that we have an apt to look at 5 homes in one day, the next day I am down that we didn't find the house, in fact, we seemed to have regressed in our progress...I am not getting my hopes up, only trying to be realistic. We are picky and getting picky-er.

Or take my Saturday; for example. GREAT NEWS, we get free tickets to go to the UFC fights in Oakland. I am ridiculously excited to be there LIVE...what happens? I come down with a migraine...of course I am going to power through it. I won't let it bring me down. Only it did, in the form of me throwing up on our way home from the searing pain in my head that I had been trying to control for 5 hours. Granted I made it all the way through the fights, which was awesome...AND I managed to control my temper when the SUPER annoying and drunk girl behind me was screaming obscenities at the top of her lungs at Anderson Silva...not good for my headache. I nearly swung at her, but I wasn't into getting Derek kicked out of the building or into a bloody fight with whatever tool was with that girl...

Needless to say, the night didn't end how we had hoped, but we had a good time anyway. Peaks and Valleys...

It happens at work every day. Today I wrote an order for PAID commercial spots...which means I make commission on it, which is pretty awesome considering I didn't have to do anything for the business, they contacted me! But I will confess, I am waiting for something terrible to happen here at work today...it typically does!

For now, I shall dance on my peak because a valley may be around the corner...However, valleys normally have beautiful flowers, so they may not be so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment