Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just for the joy of writing

Part of my blogging aspirations are to read the inspirational blogs of others...there are so many outlets now for people to blog and I thoroughly enjoy reading other people's thoughts. It may seem a bit strange, considering that more often than not, I don't even know the person. However, I think that anyone can be inspired by anything, at anytime... I want to be inspired.

Yesterday, there was an article in the Sacramento Bee about a girl who took a cooking class with her husband as one of the many items that she can now cross off of her "Pre-baby-bucket list". The article linked to her blog and I found myself reading page after page of this woman's thoughts...

It was funny because I could tell just by reading her writing, that we would be great friends...sure we have a lot of surface life common:

She is in her 20's
She is in the PR industry
She is married
She obviously likes to write
She doesn't have any kids

But I could tell through her writings, but even more through her description of herself, that we would have been friends in high-school, sat next to each other in our public relations courses in college and then we would probably have coffee every two weeks or so. I don't know if our friendship would go deeper because our husbands would need to be compatible...
I say all that because I think that writing gives a small path into the mind, the heart...the inner most thoughts. I have shared some pretty deep things thus far:

Frustrations
Excitement
Sadness
Love

You know anyone can read this, anyone in the world...I have chosen to open myself up for criticism (I say: bring it...and you have) Sometimes I might not be funny, I might not be interesting I might be completely boring or irrelevant...or I might not be. Have you ever read something that had nothing to do with you that sent shivers down your spine?

That is the kind of passionate writing that I someday want to be inspired to write. If only because I am writing from my heart to your heart...maybe someday they will meet here, in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment