Friday, July 23, 2010

What is so wrong with waiting?

So I got married...we are looking to buy a house. Why is the next question out of your mouth, "So when are you going to start having kids?"

Why do we have to start popping out kids?? Can I be married for a few years? For a YEAR? Maybe even for 6 months before I have to deal with pregnancy, morning sickness, mood swings and all the other BS that comes along with that?

Oh yeah and the joys of parenthood...blah blah blah. Save it...I am sure it is wonderful, but lets be honest...It will be wonderful in a year too...I am not missing out on ANY wonderful-ness because we are choosing to wait. If anything, I am enriching the experience that we are going to have because Derek and I will only be more in love, strong together and better equipped to be parents.

Why is there so much pressure to have kids right out of the shoot? Is THAT what marriage is for? The starting line to have children...sure it is a step in the right direction, but I would like to enjoy my husband for a few minutes before we are separated by endless noise, baths, TV cartoons, diapers, late night, soccer practice and referring the arguing between kids.

I love to come home from work, make a quite dinner and enjoy an evening on the couch with my husband, JUST THE TWO OF US. We have the freedom to go out, to hang with friends, to go to dinner, or out of town...no restrictions...we will never get this time back. I am going to enjoy it wile I can because once it is gone, it is GONE.

Have you heard that Trace Atkins song, "You're Gonna Miss This"
"You're gonna miss this, you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days, hadn't gone by so FAST. These are the good times, so take a good look around, you may not know this now...but you're gonna miss this"

Don't get me wrong, I am really looking forward to parenthood and raising children with Derek. I think we are going to be super awesome parents. I think we will be at our best when we have kids. However, make no mistake about it, I CAN wait to have kids...for now a little puppy will do. Now that, I cannot WAIT to have :)

No comments:

Post a Comment